Friday, August 31, 2012

Fall Manifesto 2012


I will replace small with big
fear with freedom
and alienation with asking.

My Fall will be kite-flying, frisbee-throwing and epsom-salt-soaking.
I wilI throw my windows wide and breathe belly deep.
I will be wind-whipped and happy.

There will be oatmeal on the porch
and coffee in mugs.
There will be baskets of hedge apples
and stacks of preserved leaves.

I will be unabashed in this life of mine.
I will be quick to laugh, quick to praise and quick to make merry.
I will be wild-haired and wild-hearted
because I know that cricket symphony is for me.

-KD

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't life beautiful? What a grand manifesto.

Liam said...

I like the cricket symphony idea. I love the fall.

Rusty said...

Love this.

Finally got over to check out your work on display, and love it as well. Well done friend.

See you soon.