Friday, July 31, 2009

I made my first scone!

Summer Berry Scones (courtesy of Once Upon A Tart)

Ingredients:
4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2.5 sticks of cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
2 large eggs
3/4 cup cold buttermilk
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.5 teaspoons almond extract
1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
1/2 cup dried currants
3/4 cup blueberries
2/3 cup raspberries

Mix dry ingredients in food processor. Add butter, process until the mixture looks grainy. Transfer to bigger bowl. Mix wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir. Fold in berries. Plop scoops onto baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.



(after)

5 comments:

Kate said...

That looks like it came from a bonafide bakery.

Angela said...

mmmmmm....

Tiffany said...

those look so tasty! mail me some =)

I miss you!

rachel rianne said...

love scones!
so easy to make and so deliciously satisfying.

I Dream of Scotland said...

That scone looks delicious. I commend you on your culinary prowess.

As for KC, I do know many people there. And it looks as though that is where I will head. I am not sure exactly what I want to or could do, but I have experience in property management and maintenance, homebuilding, youth and volunteer coordinating, and fishing.

Let me know if you find a job managing cabins where youth volunteer to build houses and come home to go fishing every night....cause I am IN:)