Monday, May 11, 2009

A Summer Manifesto (in process)

Make stuff.

Walk to the library, read juicy fiction.

Slow down. Breathe. Be silent.

Shake things up. Embrace adventure and take field trips.

Be a water nymph.

Chop vegetables, brew tea, write letters. Do it the long way.

Go make-up free. Wear sunscreen and wide-brimmed hats.

Downsize.

Embrace the heat. Try not to take summer for granted.

Gather with friends. Drink wine on front porches.

Risk. Kick fear to the curb.

Savor moments in Manhattan. Dream for the year to come--think big.

6 comments:

rachel rianne said...

are you staying here this summer??
for how long??

...and do you have a job?
bc i've been thinking lately about how it would look for me to not have a job this summer and just live here in manhattan... what do you think about that?

i'm all about chopping veggies and attempting nymph status.

Kate said...

That's a good list.

Kate said...

love your list.

lauren h. said...

What beautiful things you have in mind for your summer! I hope I get to be apart of some of them :-)

Unknown said...

I love your list. What a fantastic and free summer this will be!

Jenna said...

YEAH!!! That's the life I'm talkin bout!!

You should give me your summer address. I will write you.

I will also go fishing with you when I get back from Indiana in September. You and Cass. The three amigos we will be.

If you will still be there in September that is. Not sure what your plans are. You can tell me in a letter!!